Stand alone bath and soaker tubs are (once again) trending. Clean-lined contemporary styles in new materials are bringing the tub front and center.
- Traditional materials of enameled cast iron, granite, solid surfaces, hammered copper and acrylics have been joined by new lighter weight concrete and acrylics which offer freedom of placement without worry of structural loads.
- Accessories allow you to transform your bathroom into your own tropical retreat: hydrotherapy and whirlpool jets for a spa experience, heaters, wireless music kits, and pillows for the ultimate in relaxation.
- Ergonomically designed tubs have built-in lumbar support and slip-resistant bottoms.
Under sink storage drawers for the bath are designed to circumvent plumbing and take advantage of that formerly wasted space beneath your sink.
- Paired with vessel sinks which raise the sink above the counter top, these drawers can be fitted with built-in LED lights operated by sensor switches for automatic illumination each time you open the drawer.
- Modular drawer organizers make the most of newly found vanity space.
Contact us to professionally incorporate one or both of these designs, and change your residential bath into a resort experience!
Published by: Susan J. Moss, ASID, LEED Accredited Professional in Active Blog, Residential Design, Sustainable Design
Tags: Big Island, Hawaiian, Tropical, Home Remodeling, Sustainable, Resort, interior design, Residential Design